Monday, August 9, 2010

Day Seven: Lenox

We've been at my grandparents' place in western Massachusetts since Saturday. The cell service isn't great here, so I've been having trouble posting. We're here until Thursday.

On our drive up from New York, we stopped at this place called Shady Glen in Manchester, MA. It has an inexplicably delicious cheeseburger with these crazy petals of grilled cheese on top. Poor Steve had a prefab slab of fried cod.

Sunday morning my grandmother (who is an amazing cook) made us all French toast stuffed with fresh fruit, and then we basically spent the day sitting on the porch reading. I read half of Little Women and then switched over to Catch-22. Sunday evening, we went to Tanglewood and saw the Silk Road ensemble, including Yo-Yo Ma. The ensemble was amazing and played some really interesting and exciting music, and of course it was unbelievable to see Yo-Yo Ma. He was fantastic.

Today we went out kayaking on the lake down the street. Kayaks > canoes. Later we drove out to a contemporary art museum called Mass MOCA. I wanted to go see the Degas exhibit at a museum nearby, but we ran out of time. I did buy an indie rock coloring book at the museum gift shop, including a maze to get Kevin Drew and Feist to the center so they can make a new Broken Social Scene record. So, uh, that's cool. My grandparents cooked for dinner (grilled salmon cooked by a committee consisting of my grandfather, Steve, and my dad, squash casserole, fresh corn, and salad) and then we went to see this political humor group called Capitol Steps. It was cute.

Also on the schedule for this week is a trip to the discount mall, the wholesale CD store, the Eric Carle museum (I'm really excited about this), and Wednesday night we're going to see Seth Rudetsky and Betty Buckley!

No comments:

Post a Comment